Turning product information into a strategic asset
Megger is an old business with a very modern mindset.
They received their first patent in 1903, for a single piece of electrical testing equipment.
The Megger Group of today has too many patents to count. When they became an Agility customer in 2012, they’d recently acquired so many companies (2 more in the short time since then) that their commitment to a single brand policy had become nearly untenable.
We recently invested in Agility to enable us to turn our product information into a strategic asset and to distribute it faster. Megger is growing at a steady pace, and it’s important for our sales teams to have ready access to accurate information. We’re already seeing the benefits in the improved consistency of our data.
To manage and maintain consistency across global enterprise while enriching and optimizing product information for localized markets, across multiple sales channels.
Key Benefits Of Agility:
- A single global instance of Agility enables marketing professionals from each site to build, enrich and approve their varied range of products.
- Agility enables Megger’s product managers to completely granularize all product information in order to promote SEO across all of Megger’s 20 websites.
- Agility’s Syndication Server module ensures that incremental updates to product information and images are immediately available to Megger’s new Web Content Management and eCommerce platform, Kentico.
- The Agility Modular Interface (AMI) enables robust translation management across the entire Megger group, helping individual markets to localize products quickly and easily with the goal of increasing speed to market with new, updated and replacement products.
- Agility’s WebImage digital asset management (DAM) system enables the sharing of up-to-date and accurate imagery, user manuals, installation instructions and all other associated collateral, for all products and applications across all sales sites around the world.
- WebImage also allows Megger’s highly distributed sales and marketing workforce to upload collateral from competitors, providing a mechanism for building up competitive intelligence and quickly sharing it with head office and other markets.
- Agility’s Page Builder module allows marketing and communications staff around the world to create consistent and accurate data sheets and brochures for the Megger product range, localized for their own countries and markets.
Implementation is ongoing. Two sites in the US and one in the UK have successfully been implemented. One Swedish site and two German sites planned.
Early benefits beyond the achievement of a single record of truth for product information include:
The Megger corporate marketing team are now saving time by automating the production of datasheets.
The team can get products to market faster by immediately making collateral available across all geographies using the Agility WebImage DAM system.
Interested in Learning How Agility PIM Can Help Your Organization Excel in Commerce?
- Design and manufacture of portable electrical test equipment
- Manufacturing plants on 3 continents
- 1000 distribution points in 132 countries
- Multiple sales channels and websites
- Numerous language and legal requirements
- Highly technical literature supporting a sales force distributed widely throughout the world
- Single-brand mandate
- Strategic acquisition phase