Transforming your product data into a strategic asset for commerce
The positive outcomes companies seek from a PIM—a better customer experience, higher conversion rates, faster speed to market—all depend on effective data quality management. From the initial integration and validation of base information to its eventual build-out, enrichment and branding, the quality of your product data is critical to the overall success of your PIM implementation.
From assessing your data to developing your data model, from onboarding and normalizing your data to setting access rights and training users, our team of product information experts are available to help you become self-sufficient in optimizing product data on an ongoing basis. Should you need additional resources for data capture and cleansing, whether at the start of a project or during a major business transition, we can connect you with trusted partners who specialize in this. And, with Agility’s data integration tools, we can help you handle any data load quickly and efficiently.
Data Optimization is a Discipline
Magnitude Agility PIM sees data quality management not as an event, but as a way of thinking about your product data. The work of data optimization is never “done” because it is part of the ongoing business process enhancement you undertake as your strategies evolve. We can assist you in incorporating these processes into your data quality operation:
- Data remodeling to optimize web classification and search ranking
- Data profiling to identify data that is noncompliant with business rules and standards
- De-duplicating and cleansing to remove inconsistent and redundant data
- Data validation to standardize and correct attributes, tags and relations to improve the search experience
- Data modeling to build out standard attributes for multiple categories and ranges so you can establish a consistent baseline for product content
The Tools of Data Optimization
During your PIM implementation, you’ll be introduced to the advanced tools included with Agility PIM software that make data quality management more efficient:
- In-field quality filters allow you to define attributes, how they can be used, and their permissible values
- Quarantine identifies content gaps, missing images and other anomalies during content creation/upload
- Smart attributes use regular expressions to form uniform descriptions with variable data (such as for shoes of the same brand and style but in different colors and/or sizes)
- Embedded attribute references in descriptions automatically update content when attribute values are changed
- In-context previews allow you to view content as it will appear in web, mobile or print format
- Datasheet view is convenient for bulk data audits, review and editing
Intelligent Data Optimization
PIM data married with outside data like sales figures, product returns, page rank etc., can be the engine of business process enhancement and improved commerce performance. Agility PIM ships with a Data Integration/Business Analytics module that takes data quality management to the next level. Our team can assist you in creating reports such as:
- High-level dashboards for a real-time look at overall product statuses, onboarding and editing status or translation work
- Data completeness reports to track work on a specific taxonomy category or onboarding task
- Content scoring to classify products by level of completeness against baseline for a content type
- Workflow reports to assess the progress of a catalog
- Missing Attribute and Missing Asset reports to aid in filling product data or photo gaps
- Workflow exceptions reports to indicate inactive or expired products
Data integration and business intelligence help you prioritize optimization efforts, so you can identify the 20% of your products that drive 80% of your ecommerce sales and ensure that these products are fully enriched.
One Magnitude Agility PIM B2B distribution client has seen impressive conversion rate improvements by acting on analytical data. Hear directly from Allied Electronics & Automation on why product information is crucial for driving customer engagement and conversion.